Manal at Vanity in Vanilla so kindly tagged me with a “Liebster Award”, which I humbly accept!
"Liebster" is the German word for "beloved", and this award is a way of recognizing the blogs with fewer than 200 followers (like me!) and claim them as my beloveds, maybe? It's hazy. And here are the rules as I understand them: as a recipient of the Liebster award, I must pass on this recognition to five blogs who meet the criteria, and then reveal 5 random facts about myself, and then do a little jig and bake a pie. No! I made those last two things up. And, I only have 3 blogs for you...
Here we go. I will direct you to 3 of my real life friends with blogs, and encourage you to read what they have to say. Here they are:
Ally Jane, The Kitchen Princess
Tom, The Home Front
Here are 5 random facts about myself.
1. I hate toenails. I hate seeing them, I hate having them. They make me retch. They are disgusting. I cut mine so short that they basically aren’t there – and I encourage you to do the same.
2. When I was 15 I memorized all the words to Lisa Loeb’s song “Stay (I Missed You)”, and I still enjoy singing it, even if it destroys all my make-believe indie cred, if I ever fooled anyone into believing I had any.
3. When I go to a movie, once it starts I immediately start thinking about when I can go home. I worry about how long the movie might be, and what would happen if I needed to walk out. Even if I enjoy the movie, I still think about leaving.
4. Olives and honey are the two foods that I absolutely will never eat. They are my food enemies.
5. When I was a kid I wanted to be in the FBI, or be a detective. I still think I’d be pretty good at it. I fancy myself an amateur sleuth (snoop).