One of the things I tell myself is not to explain blogging absences. Hey, stuff happens. I have an offline life - and job! I had a blogging identity crisis, to be honest. One, I wanted to cut photos of L., and then I was like "what do I have?" I used to write about junk I wanted to buy, but lately I am trying not to buy, and also I am self-conscious of coming across as some kind of shill. I'm so bored of blogs being all "BUY THIS LIFESTYLE #sponsoredpost" you know what I mean? And I'm even more bored of blogs that are like "Please sponsor me!!". I don't want to go there.
So what have I got to offer? Nothing, to be honest. Just random thoughts on the internet and pictures of my cat.
But let's just rundown the last few months, in case you were wondering.
1. I accomplished ZERO of my 2014 goals. Not one. Ouch. Best to get it out there, though. Fail. More on that later.
2. We traveled a bit. Another trip to London, a visit to DC, to Toronto and to Pennsylvania. If you're still counting, L.'s flight count is now at 18. 18 for 18 months.
3. I have been sick since about mid-November. Not even a joke. I had a stomach bug on Thanksgiving weekend, the flu, another stomach bug, and now I have a killer cold & cough. I really need to get my immune system in order. That's a semi-goal for this year, I guess.
That's all. See, you didn't miss much.
And now it's 2015. Should I even set public goals, if I couldn't even make ONE of the 2014 goals? Sure, why not. Why the hell not.
First, let's try again at a couple of the ol' 2014 goals:
1. Get a driver's license.
2. Write 100 bloggy whispers.
3. Get back into making work lunches - 4 days a week. Baby needs a new pair of shoes and buying lunch every day is expensive.
Well, let's just keep it simple right there. There are other things I'd like to accomplish, but baby steps.
Ok, that's it. Either I'll get back on the blog train or this thing will die. Wish me luck.